Tonight I finished gluing up the baseboard frames. I decided to do a test setup just to make sure everything fit before the glue dried. There was a bad moment where I was looking at two section ends both labelled 1 and top but had pins on the same side. After a little bit of panicking and preparing to rip and end out I flipped the end section over so the pins and sockets aligned and…. it all fit. Which leaves me pondering where I mislabelled an end or accidentally made things symmetrical enough to work upside down. Almost certainly the former. Still, I don’t like it when software bugs magically go away without explanation either. Oh well.
Here, crammed into the aisle in the shop, is the current state of the layout. Internal cross bracing will wait on getting the trackplan laid out full size so that turnout linkages can be avoided. Next up is a big tidy/declutter/rearrangement so that the layout can go up against the wall to the left and a start on the backdrop ends and valance.