My friend Trevor Marshall has asserted that one cannot have too many clamps. While I am sure that there is a practical upper limit to clamp quantity, I am also sure I am nowhere close to that. Having finished up the subroadbed supports and cut the section joints in the plywood, I took a deep breath and tackled glueing down the central piece of Homasote. I felt some trepidation about this step because it necessitates applying glue to a large area and then setting and aligning a seven foot long, slightly floppy piece of material on top. I used Weldbond PVA since it is strong when set but gives me some working time to get things aligned.
When clamps run out, paint cans must serve:
And glue bottles. And eventually, even the shop fire extinguisher. I have some vague concerns that I might have failed to adequately protect some joints from glue seepage so cutting the Homasote joints may be somewhat character building.