In a bid to destress a bit, I put on an episode of Model Rail Radio and did a bit of low anxiety work on the layout. I attached the bracket to the subroadbed at the traverser interface, trimmed and glued down the Homasote on top of it and then glued down the ties to the three traverser tracks.
There is the traverser approaches and the back track reached from the traverser to go and then all ties will be down and I can give Trevor back his sander. I am also pleased to report that I did indeed need the second bag of Mt. Albert ties. But, since I have only just used up the first bag, I am going to have a substantial overage. Still better than being about 5 feet short.