Back in January of this year (that I can add “this year” is a personal triumph), I listed some construction milestones for Comstock Road. I figured that the mid-point in the year was a good time to review and see how I am doing.
Here is the list pared down to that which was not already completed at the last review:
- Trackbed –
- Run a locomotive – short plain section with alligator clips will do. – Done
- Basic landforms aka terra foama – not started but I am itching to get at that.
- A turnout laid and wired with servo – one laid but no servo yet. I think I have settled on a mechanism but I need to make the first attempt.
- Track laid – 25% complete
- Rest of servos installed and wired.
- Traverser on manual – traverser is built and aligned, ties laid but no track. – Done
- Powered traverser – still wrestling with mechanism options
- Layout backdrop and lighting valance
- Operating session?
- Building mockups
All things considered, I am pleased with my progress. There have been some off weeks but just about every week I have done something to move things along. Onward!