It has been approximately a year since I finalized a trackplan and started construction of Comstock Road. As one does, I took stock of how things had gone.
Current state is still mostly bare trackage abuilding but what trackage there is is considerably more functional that it was before. Here is how I see the state of things
- Steady albeit slow progress still going on. This is the main achievement. I am still interested and still getting down to the shop to continue the project.
- Just this afternoon, I got the high track and main on the non-traverser end wired up and can now run a train from one end to the other. And did!
- First DCC sound install completed and DCC system wired up.
- Still haven’t got a turnout servo installed although two turnouts are essentially complete. This is obviously my next psychological hurdle to clear.
- The sectional design is holding up well, I can take them apart and put them back together with impunity. This includes wiring connections.
Goals for the near future include:
- Get that first servo installed so I can start Inglenook style operating.
- Basic foam ground forms in so I can stop worrying about derailments (which haven’t happened) causing a long drop to the concrete.
- Traverser automation installed. Manual alignment from the front is challenging.
Here is the obligatory status shot. Not visible is the wiring and the 40 percent or so that of laid track that has tie plates spiked on all ties.