Today’s model railroading efforts were devoted to wiring. I connected up the feeders for the balance of the layout. I then tested the main and one path through the diamond and am happy to report that all went well except for the occasional loss of power due to dirty rails. Rail cleaning ensued. Since rail cleaning improves electrical contact I am calling that electric related.
I then drilled the holes for the three remaining turnout servo linkages. At that point, I realized that I was going to want a control panel since the minute you have two unlabeled push buttons dangling off an unattached board you have a user interface problem.
I then assembled four more Tam Valley fascia controller kits (one more than required so I have a loose one for servo installation if I need it).
I am unsure of what form the final control panel will take so I am not investing a lot in a panel right now. I therefore bodged up a quickie panel out of hardboard using basic drafting tools and the paper template supplied with the controllers. Ten minutes with a center punch and the drill press gave me all the holes required. A bit of sophistamicated graphic artistry with a straight edge and the big marker and the temporary stand-in was done.
This will work for me as a start and allow me to experiment with panel locations. This is my current best choice but I am not thrilled with the proximity to the creek bed to the right.