This is the current main loading dock side of Griffiths Foods, one of the few remaining rail served customers on the CN GECO spur. The view is facing west with the real Comstock Road is directly to the right. In the absence of any 1970’s photographs, I am going to take this and run with it, or at least what will fit.
The building front will be a maximum of 38 scale feet wide and mirrored to what is here. Main truck docks to the left will be implied to be in the off layout space in front.
Things I like about this and hope to capture:
- Side by side truck and rail doors with the truck dock ramped down.
- Despite a lack of any windows, there is a lot of things going on.
- Clear progression of additions at different heights/widths.
- Whatever that machinery on a plinth is to the right.
- I have a big pile of 1:48 embossed brick sheet!
Things I am reasonably sure don’t belong in the 1970’s:
- That metal siding at upper left. Covered windows perhaps?
- Security camera on corner of building.
- Gas bottle storage with exchangeable 20lb propane tank.
My current plan is a foamcore shell with brick sheets applied thereon. I will do the foamcore as a mockup to see how it looks.