Lookit here, third post in as many days. Christmas sugar rush still in effect. I have a few things I would like to get done and putting it out there in a post is one way of adding a nudge towards action. I am blessed with the required resources of time and money but struggle with inertia, motivation, getting started, whatever you want to call it. I am also still alive so there is still hope for improvement. 🙂
At the risk of upsetting anyone who has seen too many corporate management fads go by, I am defining goals that fit my version of SMART(specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time bound). The specific is the important one to me, improve shop organization is vague, create a set of drawers for the lathe stand is specific. Everything can be done with infinite time so some target deadline helps me but I am not going to be too stressed about it. I am going to aim to get it all done by the end of May.
Without further ado, here are the ones I want to start with:
- Machining – Complete Beam Engine: already ongoing
- Shop Organization – Lathe Tool Rack: started on some widgets, need the thing to hang them on.
- Shop Organization- Organize Measuring Tool Drawer: Kaizen foam in hand, need to work out a layout
- Modelling – complete On30 railbus kit: this one is a bit ambitious but I think the machine shop gives me a way to fix my blocking issue
- Comstock Road – Traverser Automation – I have already applied the paddles to this long dormant project, still working on rebuilding my development environment. With this done, I can complete the backdrop and mock all the structures.
- Comstock Road – Rough Scenery – foam is half done. I want to finish that and get everything covered in basic ground cover.
- Blog Regularly – I will aim for once a week at minimum. It may be me talking about why I haven’t done anything since last week…
That is all I am going to put on the list but of course there are many other projects lying about. Hopefully, this